Do not use in patients with hypersensitivity to midostaurin or its excipients. Hypersensitivity reactions have included anaphylactic shock, dyspnea, flushing, chest pain, and angioed…
*Aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM), systemic mastocytosis with an associated hematological neoplasm (SM-AHN), and mast cell leukemia (MCL) are collectively referred to as advanced systemic mastocytosis (SM).
INDICATION for RYDAPT® (midostaurin) capsules.
RYDAPT is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM), systemic mastocytosis with associated hematological neoplasm (SM-AHN), or mast cell leukemia (MCL).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for RYDAPT® (midostaurin) capsules
- Do not use in patients with hypersensitivity to midostaurin or its excipients. Hypersensitivity reactions have included anaphylactic shock, dyspnea, flushing, chest pain, and angioedema
- Do not use during pregnancy. Midostaurin caused severe embryofetal abnormalities and death in animal studies
- Verify pregnancy status of females of reproductive potential within 7 days prior to initiating RYDAPT
- Advise females of reproductive potential to use effective contraception during treatment and for at least 4 months after the last dose
- Males taking RYDAPT should use effective contraception with females of reproductive potential and pregnant women and for at least 4 months after the last dose
- Pregnancy exposure registry to monitor pregnancy outcomes: Females who may have been exposed to RYDAPT during pregnancy, directly or through a male partner receiving RYDAPT, should contact Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation at 1-888-669-6682 and/or at https://psi.novartis.com
- Cases of interstitial lung disease and pneumonitis, some fatal, have occurred in patients treated with RYDAPT as monotherapy or with chemotherapy
- Monitor patients for pulmonary symptoms. Discontinue RYDAPT in patients who experience signs or symptoms of interstitial lung disease or pneumonitis without an infectious etiology
- Because of the potential for serious adverse reactions in breastfed infants from RYDAPT, advise women not to breastfeed during treatment with RYDAPT and for at least 4 months after the last dose
- Based on findings in animals, RYDAPT may impair fertility in females and males of reproductive potential. It is unknown whether these effects on fertility are reversible
- Strong CYP3A4 Inducers: Avoid concomitant use as strong CYP3A4 inducers decrease exposure to midostaurin and may reduce efficacy
- Strong CYP3A4 Inhibitors: Coadministration with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors may increase midostaurin concentrations and may increase the risk of toxicity. Monitor patients for increased risk of adverse reactions, especially during the first week of RYDAPT use in each chemotherapy cycle and the first week of consecutive RYDAPT administration. Consider alternative therapies that do not strongly inhibit CYP3A4 activity
Aggressive Systemic Mastocytosis (SM), SM With Associated Hematological Neoplasm, Mast Cell Leukemia
- Most common adverse reactions (≥20%) excluding lab terms were nausea (82%), vomiting (68%), diarrhea (54%), edema (40%), musculoskeletal pain (35%), abdominal pain (34%), fatigue (34%), upper respiratory tract infection (30%), constipation (29%), pyrexia (27%), headache (26%), and dyspnea (23%)
- Grade ≥3 adverse reactions (≥5%) excluding lab terms were fatigue (9%), sepsis (9%), gastrointestinal hemorrhage (9%), pneumonia (8%), diarrhea (8%), febrile neutropenia (7%), edema (7%), dyspnea (7%), nausea (6%), vomiting (6%), abdominal pain (6%), and renal insufficiency (5%)
- Most common (≥10%) nonhematologic grade ≥3 lab abnormalities were hyperglycemia (nonfasting) (18%), lipase increase (18%), and hyperuricemia (11%)
- Most common (≥20%) hematologic grade ≥3 lab abnormalities were thrombocytopenia (27%), neutropenia (22%), anemia (38%) and lymphopenia (27%)
Please see full Prescribing Information for RYDAPT® (midostaurin) capsules.